All TRUE Dads staff champion the mission and vision of It's My Community Initiative (IMCI) so the
organization succeeds in advancing to develop and expand efforts to strengthen communities by
building strong, healthy families. IMCI's team specializes in developing research-informed strategies
to tackle the multiple challenges facing financially vulnerable individuals, utilizing best practices in
implementation plans, and forging partnerships and coalitions that engage stakeholders toward
common goals. IMCI is focused on holding a high standard for services provided to low-income
families and other vulnerable populations, regularly meeting performance goals and expecting
nothing less than the best from ourselves and others.
TRUE Dads is the first and only large-scale, community-based, and comprehensive continuum of
services in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area that seeks to enhance the quality of life of low-income
fathers, particularly men of color, by improving their knowledge, strengthening their skills, helping them
to build cooperative and effective relationships with co-parents, and providing opportunities to achieve
economic stability as a means of providing for their families and improving outcomes for their children.
The program is research informed, aligned with best practices, and is engaged in a rigorous evaluation
lead by some of the most respected human services researchers in the country today. TRUE Dads is
named for the traits that embody great fathers and the characteristics that will be fostered by the
program — Trustworthy, Responsible, United, Educated.
The Recruitment and Intake Specialist is critical to the success of TRUE Dads, both in the program
and corresponding evaluation, as this professional is responsible for the recruitment of program/study
participants. The individuals in this role will be responsible for creating and engaging in recruitment
activities, maintaining effective community partnership relationships, completing intake and
enrollment processes, and implementing evaluation processes and data collection tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Engage in outreach and recruitment activities to identify and interact with potential program
- Participation in creative outreach activities including recruiting events; home visits;
school, childcare, and community partner strategies; and other methods
- Maintain community awareness about the program through site visits to community
partners and participation in community events
- Provide education to community partners about program benefits and the evaluation
- Other recruitment activities as guided by the Community Relations and Intake Manager
- Complete intakes for program and research study enrollment
- Meet monthly intake goals to form program groups and build the research study sample
- Guide eligible and interested prospects through the intake process
- Ensure all intake activities are adequately documented in the Management Information
- Coordinate with the research team on Random Assignment and survey needs
- Support research data collection
- Collect baseline data as part of the intake process
- Collect follow up data through phone surveys
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Sales or recruiting experience preferred
- Community and/or family engagement within low income communities preferred
- Established relationships in NEOKC a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, evenings and some weekends
- Ability to travel within the city and surrounding areas for outreach
- Ability to meet established goals for intakes on a monthly basis
- Ability to move comfortably and confidently through low income neighborhoods, visiting
prospect and participant homes, workplaces and other opportunities for engagement
- Must have a valid Driver License
Essential Physical Requirements
Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility. Ability to be mobile throughout the
To apply for this position with IMCI, please send an email with your resume attached to HR@itsmycommunity.org.
IMCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or against disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, and armed forces service medal veterans or any other classification protected by law.
Equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.